Mogo (TSX: MOGO; NASDAQ: MOGO) — a financial technology company — is a digital challenger to the banks in Canada, empowering consumers with simple solutions to help them manage and control their finances. Users can sign up for a free MogoAccount in only three minutes and get access to six products including free credit score monitoring, identity fraud protection, digital spending account with Platinum Prepaid Visa® Card, digital mortgage experience, the MogoCrypto account, the first product within MogoWealth, which enables the buying and selling of bitcoin, and access to smart consumer credit products through MogoMoney. The platform has been engineered to deliver a best-in-class digital experience, with best-in-class financial products all through one account. With more than one million members and a marketing partnership with Canada's largest news media company, Mogo continues to execute on its vision of becoming the go-to financial app for the next generation of Canadians.
Download our app and check us out!
We're looking for an experienced Android application developer to join our growing development team. The successful candidate will work in a small, agile, cross-functional team, and share our passion for making great products. You will be encouraged to be proactive, work with autonomy, and be determined to build the absolute best software! As part of the Mogo Mobile Team you will have the chance to fully leverage your craft to help us build outstanding apps that resonate with our users. Our team believes in respect, innovation, growth, and fun! We want you to truly enjoy your work and be proud of what you accomplish.
What you'll do:
- Work with our product management and design teams to build, test and release apps that extend Mogo’s brand and make it easy for mobile users to access Mogo products.
- Write network-enabled mobile applications that fully leverage the Android platform. We want you to be Mogo’s Android development expert.
- Build apps that leverage Mogo’s RESTful API. You should have familiarity with server-side development & API design - you must be able to communicate with confidence to the team working on the API.
- For you, software development is fun! You like to work in a small, cross-functional team, composed of some of the best software engineers and designers.
- Research, adopt and integrate new mobile technologies, especially for Android.
- Be an advocate for best-practice programming. You like unit tests.
- Be passionate about the user-experience of the app and not just the code behind it.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Act as a brand ambassador for Mogo, regularly using our suite of products, sharing the brand with friends and family, and providing feedback to the team for improvements.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of full cycle development professional work experience with mobile applications (at least 2 years with native Android).
- Expertise in Java programming for Android, and a working knowledge of Kotlin.
- Proficient in fundamentals of object-oriented design, data structures, problem solving, and design patterns (e.g. MVC).
- Strong knowledge working with JSON and RESTful APIs.
- Experience building complex Android apps that have been successfully delivered to customers and are available on Google Play.
- Have previously gone through the process of submitting an app to Google, and have had the app approved.
- Having both iPhone and Android experience is a plus, but only Android experience is required (with no hesitation to jump in and learn a new platform if necessary).
- An expert with Git.
- A strong understanding of Agile software development, especially Scrum.
- Be a great team player. Be open and willing to listen and learn, but confident and skilled enough to contribute and share.
- Be willing to constructively challenge the status quo and be determined to build the best software out there!