Mogo (TSX: MOGO), a Vancouver-based technology company, is changing the way Canadians approach finances through a uniquely digital experience and innovative products designed to help consumers get in control of their financial health. Users can sign up for a free MogoAccount on their mobile devices in only three minutes and get access to free credit score monitoring, a free spending account, mortgages, and personal loans. With more than 500,000 members and growing, Mogo is leading the shift to digital banking in Canada. To learn more, visit mogo.ca or download the mobile app.
Mogo is looking for a Senior Front End Developer to help create and maintain our online customer experience – and that’s kind of a big deal. As a Front End Developer, you will work alongside our Product, Marketing and Development teams to create some fundamental pieces of our online user experience – coding beautiful, responsive UX/UI web designs and user interactions for website landing pages, online application flows and our member portal. Check out the list of qualifications below and if this sounds like you, send us your resume - we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Translate complex UX/UI designs into responsive front-end code for marketing websites and web applications.
- Work with the design team to help create ever better user experiences.
- Utilize knowledge of responsive/mobile development and page-speed optimization best practices to improve the in app experience.
- Liaise with QA teams on debugging and code enhancements.
What you'll need:
- Degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- 3-5 years experience working in a variety of development environments, SAAS would be an asset, and proficient with GIT.
- Advanced concepting skills and original thinking with an eye for innovation.
- Familiarity with industry design tools such as Sketch or Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Knowledge and experience designing and using responsive frameworks, grids, and Flexbox.
- Emphasizes DRY, readable, commented, and reusable code that can be clearly read and understood by developers that work on the shared codebase.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and communicate progress and meet deadlines.
- Experience with project planning tools such as Asana, PivotalTracker or similar.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working within an agile development environment, delivering production-ready code on a biweekly basis.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in implementing Accessibility in web pages.
- Experience in quality assurance testing.
- Portfolio that includes front-end development work on e-commerce and/or banking websites.
- Experience working with analytics and Google Tag Manager implementation.
- Interest or experience in the cryptocurrency space.