Mogo (TSX: MOGO), a Vancouver-based technology company, is changing the way Canadians approach finances through a uniquely digital experience and innovative products designed to help consumers get in control of their financial health. Users can sign up for a free MogoAccount on their mobile devices in only three minutes and get access to free credit score monitoring, a free spending account, mortgages, and personal loans. With more than 400,000 members and growing, Mogo is leading the shift to digital banking in Canada. To learn more, visit mogo.ca or download the mobile app.
Are you passionate and excited about the opportunity to join a rapidly growing and distinctive business? Do you want to be part of an amazing, growing team? Do you have a strong track record of success? If your answers are all yes, this may be the position for you! Check out the rest of the qualifications below and if you’re a fit, let us know. We want to hear from you!
Mogo is looking for an Intermediate Accountant to join the Finance Team. We are seeking a highly intelligent self-starter who is keen to learn and grow with the company. The successful candidate will have a positive ‘get-it-done’ attitude, be an excellent team player and have a strong work ethic.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Controller to improve the accounts payable process and implement changes, as necessary. Projects will include:
- Automating invoice approval process
- Selecting and implementing new systems for purchase orders and employee expense reporting
- Implementing standardized process for accruals to facilitate timely month end close
- Optimizing disbursement method and timing
- Responsible for accounts payable process (entry and approval of invoices; process cheques/wires)
- Vendor management (respond to inquiry, maintain contracts/agreements)
- Process employee expense reimbursements
- Responsible for monthly debenture payments
- Assist with month end close (accruals/journal entries/reconciliations/etc)
- File GST remittances for all applicable legal entities
- Create and maintain Purchase Orders
- Ensure accounting records are maintained thoroughly and accurately
- Assist with annual audit and quarterly reviews
- Cross-train team members, as necessary
- Work closely with the Finance team and management to ensure priority objectives are met
- Assist with ad-hoc projects, as-needed
- Contribute to a positive team environment.
What you’ll need:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting or a related discipline
- 3-5 years of professional work experience including experience with process improvement
- Previous experience with accounts payables is mandatory
- Experience with full cycle accounting is preferred
- Proficiency in Great Plains and MS Excel is an asset
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Friendly and proactive demeanor
- Exceptional verbal and written communication